Feel free to contact us! We will answe your message within 24 hours.
- +351 214 410 718
- +351 926 465 245
R&D | Individual Projects
SI R&D Entrerprises aims to increase the intensity of R&I in companies and their economic value; increase projects and activities in cooperation between companies and other entities in the R&I system; develop new products and services, particularly in higher technology and knowledge activities; reinforce the actions of economic valorization of successful R&D projects; and increase national participation in international R&I programs and initiatives.
This incentive is intended to support projects that comprise industrial research and experimental development activities, leading to new products, processes or systems creation or to the introduction of significant improvements in demanding products, processes or systems.
The beneficiaries of this measure are companies of any nature and under any legal form.
- Preliminary meeting | Framing
- Interim meetings | Survey of technical, administrative, accounting, fiscal, financial information on the company and investments
- Preparation of the application | Technical description of the project
- Preparation of the application | Economic-Financial Feasibility Study
- Completion and submission of the application form
- Post-delivery follow-up of the application
- Preparation, management and monitoring of payment requests
- Management and monitoring of the closing of the investment
- Accompanying interim and final audits
Project eligibility criteria
- Application date prior to the start of work;
- Insert up in the priority areas of research and innovation strategy for smart specialization;
- Demonstrate that the funding sources are assured;
- Demonstrate the feasibility and economic and financial sustainability of the company;
- Present a technical characterization and a detailed budget, with a cost structure adequate to the objectives pursued;
- Fall within the priority areas of RIS 3;
- Have a maximum execution lenght of 24 months;
- Start the execution within a maximum period of 6 months after the decision is communicated;
- Identify the uncertainties of technical and scientific underpinning R&D type of the project;
- Incorporate significant technical or technological developments;
- Envolve qualified RH;
- Be supported by an analysis of the research and innovation strategy that identifies, in the present and for the next three years, the priority research areas;
- Match a minimum investment of 100.000€;
- When inserted in a new economic activity, demonstrate at the conclusion of the same, the existence of turnover associated with that activity.
Beneficiary eligibility criteria
- Have both tax and contributory situations regularized;
- Possessing, or being able to ensure until approval, the technical, physical and financial means and the HR necessary for the project;
- Have an updated PME Certificate
- Have organized accounting;
- Don't be a struggling company;
- Declare that it is not a company subject to a recovery injunction, which is still pending;
- Declare that has no salary arrears;
- Present a balanced economic and financial situation (AF PME ≥ 0.15 and AF Non-SME ≥ 0.20);
- Designate a technical person responsible for the project.
- Direct costs;
- Expenses with technical staff dedicated to R&D activities (including scholarship holders);
- Acquisition of patents from external sources or by those licensed by them, at market prices, and which result in their effective endogenization by the beneficiary;
- Raw materials, consumable materials and components necessary for the construction of pilot or experimental and/or demonstration facilities and for the construction of prototypes;
- Third parties services' acquisition, including technical, scientific and consulting assistance;;
- Acquisition of scientific and technical instruments and equipment;
- Acquisition of specific software;
- Expenses with promotion and dissemination of results to the end-user sector or target companies, including registration and rental of spaces abroad;
- Travel and stays abroad directly attributable to the project, and up to a limit of 700€ in the EU and 1.600€ outside the EU per trip, 250€/night for accommodation;
- Expenses with the SGIDI certification process according to NP 4457:2007;
- Expenses with the intervention of a technical-scientific auditor;
- Chartered accountant/statutory auditor for validation of project expenses up to 5.000€.
- Indirect costs.
- NUTS II North, Center and Alentejo – 25% base rate, applied to eligible expenses, to which increases up to a maximum of 75% may be added;
- NUTS II Lisbon – maximum incentive rate is 50%;
- NUTS II Algarve – maximum incentive rate is 62%;
- Projects with incentive ≤ 1M€ – non-refundable incentive;
- Projects with an incentive > 1M€ – non-refundable incentive up to the amount of 1M€, assuming the excess in the form of 75% non-refundable and 25% refundable incentive, if the latter installment is equal to or greater than 50.000€.